Academia Nacional del Tango de la República de Austria
President of the National Tango Academy of Austria with headquarters in Salzburg, corresponding to the Academia Nacional del Tango de la República Argentina
Director of the Escuela Europea de Tango
Director of the “European Tango School” with headquarters in Salzburg, Austria, created by the president of the National Tango Academy of the Argentine Republic Horacio Ferrer.
Academic Member of the Academia Nacional del Tango de la República Argentina
Carlos “El Tordo”; Academic Member Corresponding of the “National Tango Academy of the Argentine Republic” Resol. CD0013/2007
Five different styles of Tango Canyengue
(danced at the beginning of Tango history up to 1930 approx.)
- Tito Lusiardo’s (taught by Master Luis Grondona).
- Rodolfo Cieri’s (two different ones)
- José Vazquez ‘s “Lampazo”.
- Ovidio José Bianchet’s “El Cachafaz”. The latter nourishes El Tordo’s style proper and it was permanently analyzed through Carmencita Calderón, since her dance partner “El Cachafaz” died in 1942 and El Tordo did not meet him in person.
- Orillero (1930-1945) Pepito Avellaneda’s school.
- De Salón (1940-1950) Lampazo-Petróleo and Cieri’s school.
- “Milonguero” style
- Traspié (“stumble”)
- De Salón ( Juancito Luna-Lampazo’s style).
- Orillera (Pepito Avellaneda´s Style)
- Crossed style
- Medallas del Milonguero, Club Sin Rumbo, “La Catedral del Tango” Buenos Aires
- Asociación de Bailarines de España (ABA)
- Premio de Presidencia de la Nación
- Teatro Broadway; Elba Cristian Producciones
- Auditorio Enrique Granados, Leida, España
- Author of “Tango Roots”, a three-act musical (Spain 2006)
- Author of “The Milonguero’s Encyclopaedia”, audiovisual teaching and testimonial work, which covers all the history of Tango dance.
- Author of “Tango Alive”, audiovisual seminar on the History of Tango, danced live, shown for the first time in Istambul, Turkey (2004)
- Ex President of “The Tangoworld Society”, United Kingdom.
- Ex President, Director of Tango and Artistic Activities at the “International Association of Latin-American Culture” (AICLA)
- Ex-tango master of “The Dance City”, National Dance Agency of England.
- MareaTVchannel, Buenos Aires, Director of Tango, Arts & Institutional Matters
PRESS & INTERVIEWS
- Revista “La Milonga”. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Diario “Gazzette”. Londres, Inglaterra.
- Diario “Persembe”. Estambul, Turquía.
- Diario “Tutkunun”. Estambul, Turquía.
- Diario “Times & Star”. Londres, Inglaterra.
- Diario “La Razón”, Buenos Aires.
- Diario The Cronicle, Newcastle, Inglaterra
Radio and TV interviews
- Salzburg TV, Austria
- Radio5, Salzburg, Austria
- The Kurier, Austria
- “Una Cita con el tango” Esquina Homero Manzi, Día Nacional del Tango, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- BBC Radio Cumbria, Programa Good morning Cumbria’s.
- Buenos Aires “La2x4 Tango 92.7”
- Radio Ciudad 102.3 FM
- Creator of the National Tango Day.
- Academic of the “National Tango Academy of the Argentine Republic” and the Academia Porteña del Lunfardo.
- Honorary President of the “Asociación Gardeliana Argentina”
- Founder Member of the “Casa Argentina en Tierra Santa”
- Board of Director´s Member of the Asociación Amigos de la Calle Corrientes.
Ms Carmencita Calderón
- Illustrious Citizen of the City of Buenos Aires; ex dance partner of Ovidio Bianchet “El Cachafaz”
About my nickname El tordo
I was a very young boy and interested in the health, so that I began a workshop to be able to take the blood pressure. In the Milonga I had many friends to practise and little later already they were receiving me jockingly shouting ” take care, that the “tordo” (the “tor-do”) comes “, which in the slang of Buenos Aires, called Lunfardo, means “the doc-tor” Because usually they invert the order of the syllables in some expressions.
And already I could not separate of this funny epithet nevermore.